Today's FINVIZ 5 Minute Charts - (for other charts go to the bottom of this page)

Click HERE for more real-time ADVANCED CHARTS and see the bottom of this page for more real time price updates.

FINVIZ - Financial Visualizations and Charts here: here.

fromThe Martenson Weekly info@chrismartenson.com
reply-toinfo@chrismartenson.com

dateSun, Jul 3, 2011 at 12:01 AM
subjectWeekly ChrisMartenson.com Newsletter (edition 25)

Weekly Newsletter for Registered Members


Below is the content published on ChrisMartenson.com within the last seven days. Included are Chris Martenson's blog posts, the Daily Digest, What Should I Do?, Martenson Reports, and upcoming events.

Full versions of Martenson Reports are only available to enrolled members. If you are not yet an enrolled member on ChrisMartenson.com, click here to join today.



CHRIS MARTENSON'S BLOG

Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 9:22 am, by cmartenson

This report lays out an investment thesis for gold and one for silver. Various factors lead me to conclude that gold is one investment that you can park for the next ten or twenty years, confident that it will perform well. My timing and logic for both entering and finally exiting gold (and silver) as investments are laid out in the full report.

The punch line is this: Gold and silver are not (yet) in bubble territory, and large gains remain, especially if monetary, fiscal, and fundamental supply-and-demand trends remain in play.

Introduction

In 2001, as the painful end of the long stock bull market finally seeped into my consciousness, I began to grow quite concerned about my traditional stock and bond holdings. Other than a house with 27 years left on a 30 year mortgage, these holdings represented 100% of my investing portfolio. So I dug into the economic data to see what I could discover. What I found shocked me. It's all in the Crash Course in both video and book form, so I won't go into that data here.

By 2002, I had investigated enough about our monetary, economic, and political systems that I decided that holding gold and silver would be a very good idea, poured 50% of my liquid net worth into precious metals, and sat back and watched.

Since then, my appreciation for and understanding of the role of gold as a monetary asset and silver as an indispensable industrial metal have deepened considerably.

Investing in gold and silver is still a good idea. Here's why.

Why own gold and silver?

The reasons to hold gold and silver, and I mean physical gold and silver, are pretty straightforward. So let’s begin with the primary reasons to own gold.

read more »



No comments: