Update May 28, 2014
Japan Times: Fukushima groundwater now too radioactive to dump in Pacific — TV: “Radiation levels keep rising… Situation has gotten worse, not better”
- Sample: Spotbelly rockfish (muscle)
- Location: Inner port (Near south breakwater) in Fukushima Daiichi
- Date: Apr 09, 2014
- Cs-134 @ 53,000 Bq/kg; Cs-137 @ 140,000 Bq/kg; Total Cs @ 193,000 Bq/kg
Full Plant Site Photo Set (large drone fly-over photos) can be found here:
Video streaming by Ustream
Update6 - www.Fairewinds.com:
Unit 4 fuel core was off-loaded at the time of the tsunami and the fuel is in the pool. It appears that the fuel is not under cooling water and at least the top of the fuel is exposed. The fuel could start reacting.
Update5: Case study: mass mind conditioning as frogs (or sheep) get boiled -- smells like Teen Mutton.
1. There can't be a meltdown (the safety systems will kick in)
2. oops, We are having a problem, but no radiation will be released... (boom!)
3. oops, we have had (ripping the roofs off the units) and releases of radiation, but "not to worry" there is no way it can reach the US (IBID)
4. oops, Radiation is now being detected in CA, MI, PA, MA SC, NC, GA.... "but, not to worry"
5. oops, that MOX fuel that we said would not be an issue? (IBID)... well we are finding plutonium around the plant (indicating meltdown of fuel assemblies) -- "but, not to worry" - it can't get in the water or air. (Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO) reported that plutonium (plutonium 238, plutonium 239, and plutonium 240) was found in soil samples taken from five spots within the site.)
6. oops, Hmmm better not drink the water in Tokyo. (see: Times report) No wait, its OK, drink up.
7. Do not buy iodine or food storage or store water or... oops... "but, not to worry" in the U.S. you are fine...
8. No cooling in the Spent Fuel Pools ... looks like a reaction is taking place...
9. Nothing to worry about ... drink the milk!
Hey look over there, sheep! It's March Madness
Daily updates from Japan:
Update4: According to UCS spokesperson David Lochbaum, the director of the Union of Concerned Scientists’ Nuclear Safety Project on a NPR radio today, no MOX fuel is believed to be present in spent fuel pools, but does currently exist within core.
UCS Analysis: Possible Explanation for Hydrogen Leaks and Explosions at Fukushima Daiichi Reactors 1 and 3
The moment nuclear plant chief WEPT as Japanese finally admit that radiation leak is serious enough to kill people http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1367684/Nuclear-plant-chief-weeps-Japanese-finally-admit-radiation-leak-kill-people.html
U.S. nuclear officials suspect Japanese plant has a dire breach
I believe the information in this following 2 minute video to be the most accurate assessment and is relatively up-to-date.
US Drones Confirms Exposed Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant Fuel Rods RAW VIDEO
MUST SEE REPORTS ON FUKUSHIMA PLANT EMERGENCY:
I would imagine anyone like me that has worked in the Nuclear Power industry for years gets frustrated listening to these ham-headed commentators who read the script and butcher the facts and nomenclature, while some incorrect or misleading animation is shown on the screen. While even the real nuclear engineering folks out their have different opinions and theories as to what the issues are and how to solve them, even including the poor guys (TRUE HEROES) at the Fukushima Power Plant dealing with the nightmare that can only end badly.
Pray for the Fukushima 50!
Unbelievably, I just listened to a report from (of all people) Rachael Maddow, at MSNBC. I almost skipped it, because I assumed she would just be another ill-informed script reading reporter mouthing a bunch of BS. NOT THE CASE! She was coached and educated on the situation very well. THIS IS THE CORRECT STORY and IMHO correctly discusses the main issues currently being faced.
The second report is from PBS NEWsHour http://www.youtube.com/user/PBSNewsHour and explains correctly how the suppression pool (torus Structure) may have been damaged and how it potentially lead to the explosion.
Anyone who is interested in understanding the current problems at the reactors and what the issues are SHOULD WATCH THIS MSNBC REPORT and the PBS interview below.
It is presented in laymen terms and is 99% accurate. It also matches my theory on the Spent Fuel Pool problem, although it is just a theory and the situation can shift or change at anytime.
Please pass these videos on to anyone you may know, who is interested in an ACCURATE report on the situation and troubles at the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant.
PBS News Hour:
To contact me -- My email: AuCanary @ gmail.com
Art images above from site: obvious (a different kind of look) :http://obviousmag.org/en/archives/2007/09/vladimir_kush_surrealism_and_illusion.html
Obvious is a site where everything and anything goes; from important issues, that are seemingly unimportant, to timeless topics, to things we love. Art, architecture, photography, cinema, design or any other subject......